Today I want to look at a scripture that sometimes challenges me.
That scripture is taken from the the book of Philippians:
Do not be anxious for anything but with prayer, supplication and
thanksgiving, let your request be made known to Him. Philippians 4:6
This verse is encouraging us to ask in prayer, supplication is another form of prayer meaning petition but in addition to this we need to give thanks for the answer.
Wait a minute? I thought you only say thanks when you receive something? Not according to this verse. Thanksgiving needs to accompany your request
- Thanksgiving preserves what you received and provokes future blessings.
- Thanksgiving is the gateway to favour.
- Thanksgiving can turn scarcity to plenty.
- When thanksgiving and praise goes up, miracles come down.
- Appreciation is anticipation
- It is an attitude of faith
. May the people praise you and the earth will yield her increase. Psalm 67:5,6
This is how we think in the natural but as prayer is a supernatural thing, spiritually we need to believe we have received hence the giving of thanks. Spiritual things are more real than the natural.